Pacific Science Center’s Outreach Education program delivers high-energy, engaging assemblies and workshops to schools and community groups around Washington State. The program offers six van programs, each providing a school with a day full of science learning.
We are looking for a volunteer skilled in sewing to refurbish some of our assembly and workshop materials from our Blood and Guts van. Projects could include advising the outreach team on some creative aspects, sewing costumes for the Blood and Guts assembly, and making fabric “kit bags” for workshop materials. All supplies will be provided by Pacific Science Center.
Reports To: Outreach Education Supervisor
Position Start Date: November 1, 2015
Schedule: Flexible. Some meetings at Pacific Science Center during the 9-5 work day, but the bulk of the work can be accomplished at the volunteer’s home. Sewing projects need to be completed by January 1, 2016 for winter program delivery.
• Refurbish 2-3 costumes from the Blood and Guts assembly
• Make small – medium fabric bags to hold workshop materials
• Guide outreach team in purchasing needed materials
• Experience fabricating costumes, clothing or other props
• Ability to repair worn props
• At least 18 years of age
• Pass a criminal background check
Abilities and Personal Characteristic
• Experience working with deadlines.
• Ability to present oneself in a professional manner with regards to personal appearance and hygiene
• Ability to work neatly, cooperatively and considerately with other people
• Smiling team player, with a pleasant disposition and service orientation
TO APPLY: Apply online on the volunteer page at https://www.pacificsciencecenter.org/volunteers
PACIFIC SCIENCE CENTER
We are an independent, not-for-profit educational institution that inspires lifelong interest in science, math and technology by engaging diverse communities through interactive and innovative exhibits and programs in every county of Washington state and beyond.
Pacific Science Center is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and it is expressed in all aspects, from the people and communities we serve to our organizational culture and our employees.