Pacific Science Center is committed to inspiring science learning in our community by offering new experiences with current explorations in science, technology, engineering, and math. We offer the unique opportunity to have one-on-one experiences and conversations with local scientists who share their current research with our visitors on a rotating basis.
An Exhibit Graphic Assistant Volunteer is currently needed to assist with the development of the graphic and media elements of new exhibits in the Portal to Current Research and The Studio gallery spaces. Throughout the year, Pacific Science Center develops four new, temporary exhibits focused on current local science research. These exhibits provide the public access to cutting edge, local science research, hands-on activities and conversations with local scientists. The volunteer will assist with behind-the-scenes graphic media work for these new exhibits. The volunteer will help us create streamlined exhibits about local science research that inspire science learning in our community.
TO APPLY: Apply online at the bottom of the volunteer page, here.
Reports To: Content & Media Specialist
Position Start Date: Spring, 2014
Schedule: 2 - 4 hours per week. Times and location are flexible. Most hours will be spent remotely with occasional meetings on location
• Assist with basic graphic production using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Retouch and resize images, videos, and photos
• Search for images, videos, and photos - including the exploration of usage rights relevant to current exhibit themes (examples of past themes include Neuroscience, Genetics, Polar Science, and Global Health)
• Contribute to the development of graphic and digital media elements of The Studio and Portal to Current Research with staff oversight
• Other duties as assigned
Abilities and Personal Characteristics
• Great attention to detail
• Courteous and professional manner
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and flexibility
• Proficiency with basic graphic production
• Ability to present oneself in a professional manner with regards to personal appearance and hygiene
• Hard working team player
• 18+ years old
• Pass a criminal background check
• Commit to volunteering 2 - 4 hours per week for a minimum of 6-months
• Provide three references (one or more being a professional reference)
• Demonstrated background of working with basic graphic production
• Experience and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
PACIFIC SCIENCE CENTER
We are an independent, not-for-profit educational institution that inspires lifelong interest in science, math and technology by engaging diverse communities through interactive and innovative exhibits and programs in every county of
Washington state and beyond.
Pacific Science Center is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and it is expressed in all aspects, from the people and communities we serve to our organizational culture and our employees.