Calling all laser show enthusiasts! Pacific Science Center seeks Laser Show Usher Volunteers. Laser shows run for school groups during the day, in addition to our classic evening shows that run Thursday through Sunday every week. Providing superior customer service is an institution-wide initiative at Pacific Science Center. Volunteers will focus on this initiative by helping ensure our laser shows run smoothly. Duties include guest greeting, managing crowd control, assisting with concessions inventory, and more! Energetic, outgoing, and positive people with an interest in laser shows, lasers, and music are well suited for this position. We ask that volunteers commit for a minimum of 6-months, as well as be available for at least two shifts a month. Ideally, volunteers can commit to 1-shift a week.
Pacific Science Center’s laser dome is the largest and longest operating domed laser theater in the world. Volunteers will have the opportunity to see brilliant laser imagery performed live with spectrums of color and effects by the world's foremost laser artists and all mixed during the show in a fusion of 15,000 watts of digital sound. More information on the largest laser theater in the world here.
TO APPLY: Apply
online at the bottom of the volunteer page, here.
Reports To: Laser Supervisor
Time Commitment: At least 2 shifts per month for a minimum of 6 months
Schedule: Shifts are 4 – 5 hours long and scheduled during weekend matinees
• Welcoming guests and ushering
• Cleaning and tidying the theater between shows
• Assisting with clearing the theater and managing crowd control after busy shows
• Wayfinding for guests
• Acting as a runner for concessions staff and retrieving product for sale or stocking
• Other duties as assigned
• Enjoy music and laser shows, volunteers will be positioned inside the laser dome with the audience during the shows
• Must be comfortable working in a dark and loud environment with flashing lights
• Attend orientation and position training
• At least 16 years of age
• Pass a criminal background check
• Provide three references (one or more being a professional reference)
• Commit to volunteering at least twice a month for at least six months
• Previous customer service experience a plus
Abilities and Personal Characteristics
• Enthusiasm for Pacific Science Center and its programs
• Courteous professional manner
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and flexibility should difficult situations arise
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Ability to present oneself in a professional manner with regards to personal appearance and hygiene
• Smiling team player, with a pleasant disposition and service orientation
PACIFIC SCIENCE CENTER
We are an independent, not-for-profit educational institution that inspires lifelong interest in science, math and technology by engaging diverse communities through interactive and innovative exhibits and programs in every county of Washington state
Pacific Science Center is an equal-opportunity employer
We value diversity and it is expressed in all aspects, from the people and communities we serve to our organizational culture and our employees.