Pacific Science Center is committed to driving science education forward in Washington State, and inspiring today’s youth to further their education and go into careers in science, technology, engineering, and math. We offer a wide variety of programs, including standards-based formal and informal science education programs and an award-winning environmental education center.
An Office Volunteer is needed to assist with Outreach Education Programs (Science on Wheels). Outreach Education Programs connect kids and science in eye-opening, hands-on hours of exploration! Programs are designed to enrich in-school and out-of-school time with fun, innovative experiments. There is extensive behind-the-scenes work that keeps the programs up and running! The Office Volunteer will support the Outreach Education staff by helping with operations and materials maintenance. The volunteer will work in our Pacific Science Center offices.
Reports To: Outreach Education Staff
Position Start Date: March
Schedule: 2 shifts a week (8 hours total) Volunteers make a minimum 6-month commitment
To Apply: Apply online at the bottom of the volunteer page, here.
• Provide general office support (ex: filing, copying, word and excel document production, and more)
• Maintain and restock teaching materials and supplies
• Contact schools prior to program visits
• Update and collect data
• Develop and/or maintain excel databases
• Other duties as assigned
• 18+ years old
• Pass a criminal background check
• Commit to working 8hrs/week for at least 6-months
• Provide three references (one or more being a professional reference)
• Office background and comfort using MS Office products
Abilities and Personal Characteristics
• Enthusiasm for science and science education
• Courteous and professional manner
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Smiling team player, with a pleasant disposition and service orientation
PACIFIC SCIENCE CENTER
We are an independent, not-for-profit educational institution that inspires lifelong interest in science, math and technology by engaging diverse communities through interactive and innovative exhibits and programs in every county of Washington state and beyond.
Pacific Science Center is an equal-opportunity employer.
We value diversity and it is expressed in all aspects, from the people and communities we serve to our organizational culture and our employees.